Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Can't Believe I Survived Two Years!!!

Today is Brinley and Ashton's 2nd Birthday!!! I truly honestly thought I wouldn't live to see this day. Looking back at all the pictures I just don't know how we survived. We have had wonderful help for the first six week that came and went when I really think I needed at full time nanny, chef, and housekeeper. But we all know that would never happen. They are such a joy to have around but boy was it rough.

It all started when I went to the doctors to get some medicine because I probably hadn't eaten in a few days when I walked out of the office with this one month after Mason's first birthday.......

Colton was at work and didn't believe me. My first thought was this might be fun.




Then I started looking like this. And just looking at it my stomach just hurts.



A non pregnant Andrea on the left and big huge me on the right. Good comparison.




Then they sliced me open and what do we have? baby A(girl) 5lbs 2oz and baby b(boy) 5lbs 11oz






I am smiling because we had around the clock nurses! And I wasn't pregnant anymore!!!










First day home from the hospital.


Just some old pics.











11 comments:

Jaime said...

PRECIOUS pics! Congrats, I CANNOT imagine twins in my household! lol My husband is a twin and I just pray it's really carried on the girls side because they haven't skipped a generation in 5 yrs of twins.

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Happy Birthday to Brinley and Ashton! In that pic of their first day home they look so so tiny! I forgot that they are so close in age with Rylenn. Her Birthday is tomorrow.

Congrats on surviving it only get better from here, right!

*Katie May* said...

I'm glad you survived :) No fun with the pregnancy pics you poor thing!!

Kasey said...

It still baffles me that you were that huge! I can't believe that anyone can have 2 babies. I'm so glad you survived. It seems crazy that 2 years have already passed! Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

That was the best reflective post ever! How did you survive, i had a dream about a month ago that I had twin girls, I freaked out, not about the twin part but the girl part. strange I know. Well now you have two 2 year olds...this is where the major test start kicking in! good luck!

Stefany Pew said...

I can't believe it's been two years already! I remember holding those two sweet hearts when they were just weeks old. Seeing the picture with Mason and two car seats in the grocery cart is just CRAZY! You are super mom!!!

buddyandsarahaws said...

I cant believe that they are already 2! Of course you did it, Your such a great Mom!

Kathy's Boys said...

You are soooo lucky to have twins! I always prayed I would have them, but I guess Randy got that gene instead. (Plus, it's one less time I would have to be pg, and I know you understand that one!!) Anyways, your kids are adorable and I bet the hardest part is over. It can only go up from here. Love ya

Lindsay Renee' said...

twins! i still can't believe you survived! with each pregnancy so far, i get an ultrasound done to check for twins--i get so big int he beginning that my OB just wants to check out the possiblity. hats off to ya! email me so i can add you to my blog email list, it's private. take care jamie

Janalie said...

The Lord always knew you could do it and do it well, that is why he choose you. I always knew you would do a wonderful job. Youa re a fabulous mother and I miss you.

Brookie said...

oh what sweet beautiful babies you have!!! i love it jamie that is so neat! my good friend is about to have boy/girl twins any day now...i am so excited!! your kids are beautiful!!
xoxo