Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Melted Bowl

So Colton came home from work one day and was "straving" as usual and decieded to make him a frozen pizza. Little did he know because he doesn't check the over before preheating Mason had been "cooking" in the oven before he got home from work. As the oven was preheating I smelt some plastic melting and new exactly what it was. I think the pictures speak for themselves.

Before the preheating





After the preheating


So Colton never got to cook the pizza because he had to let the plastic cool so he could peel it off the oven. Lesson learned check the over before cooking.

7 comments:

C.J. and Jackie said...

That is funny. I never check the oven before I cook anything too. Whenever Jackie makes carmel popcorn she stores it in the oven, so needless to say I have recooked carmel popcorn a few times because I don't check the oven. So you don't have to have kids to need to check the oven before cooking.

Celeste - The Solar Cook said...

OOPS! We have had similar accidents, but in the microwave. My 11 yr. old son put a bag of microwave popcorn on top of the plastic plate cover that we use to keep things from exploding all over the microwave. The popcorn melted the plate cover and then caught on fire. This is a brand new microwave. The last one caught on fire from having a bread twisty tie in it. **SIGH**

*Katie May* said...

opps :)

Stefany Pew said...

Ha ha! That's hilarious! I never check the oven before pre-heating either so maybe I should do that now because Kylee can pull that oven door open too. I haven't seen her put anything in it yet though. They need to get together and have a play date sometime. It's been a while!

Kasey said...

I have learned to always, always check the oven before turning it on. I guess it takes men a little longer...
Too funny!

Megan said...

the fun things we get to do as parents like check the oven to make sure our children didn't put anything in it!

Melissa Gardner said...

i never check the oven either, before i preheat it, so funny.. that is awesome to see colton cleaning it up too and mason watching, gotta love it..