Wednesday, January 2, 2008

So you had a bad day......

Ok so let me explain. I wasn't going to post this because I wasn't sure if the other guy was going to live. We got in a car accident last Thurday. You know two days after Christmas. We were headed up north to get Colton's grandpa's truck that he has been dying to get since he was like 10. Finally we said let's go get it. His grandpa got a new one and said that Colton can have it. (Something that I care nothing about) Anyways we met at Colton's parents house at about 6:15 am at Power and McKellips and made it to Ellsworth & McDowell at about 6:30am . We got real far..... We got hit from behind by a BMW going 80-100mph. The impact was hard enough to lift a super duty off the ground. The car went under his dad's truck and basically came out the side. I just remember looking out my window and seeing the guys car rolling and rolling. Thank goodnes s for car seats. We were definently being watched over that day because as you can see the cab of the truck was basically untouched. I just keep thinking that someone so careless could have taken out a whole family in one second. Three generations of Grant boys not to metion. The other guy will have alot of time to think about what happened because he broke his back in four places and his neck. He is lucky to be alive. So count your blessings and buckle up.

13 comments:

Andrea and Blake said...

Holy Cow, I'm so glad you are all okay - it is so scary driving around with so many people out there that think they are invincible! Way to Buckle up... love ya

Cindy Spratling said...

Wow, so scary. Don't you wish people would be more careful! So glad you guys are okay!

Harris Family said...

Ahh! Thank goodness you are all alright! That is so scary when you can't control what others do yet it effects you so much!

Kasey said...

Oh my gosh Jamie! I'm so glad you guys are okay. How scary.

Kasey said...

So was that Colton's dad's truck?

heidi said...

scary! i'm glad you guys are all okay. thank heavens for seat belts!

Carl and Amber said...

Sometimes the Lord sends us those days so that we remember what is really important. I am glad that all of you guys are okay! Good luck to the other guy, I hope everything turns out for the best with him.

Celeste - The Solar Cook said...

Wow! I am so glad you guys are OK. Those things always come out of nowhere to stop life for a moment. I do hope the other guy will be alright and be able to have a decent life.

Megan said...

We are all so glad you guys were all fine! the pictures look so horrible I can only imagine how the guy looked! I hope you all are feeling better. and did you get those heat packs we left out back?

*Katie May* said...

Goodness!! Glad you guys rae ok! I'm suprised the guys is still alive!! Seatbelts are pretty great!

Aleese and Scott said...

We are so glad everything turned out all right for you guys. Car accidents are so scary you guys were definitely being watched over.

Melissa Gardner said...

i am so glad you are all okay..
so scary.. people are so crazy..

Creative Corner said...

At the start of the post I was thinking how cool, I remeber that Colton always said that truck was his when he graduated, that truch was his when....

Then Holy Cow oh so scary. I am so glad you are all okay and amazing what it did to the truck and did not touch the cab!