Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Finally!!!!

In our house we have had a rough time at night. Mason sleeps great but having twins that don't sleep through the night can really wear on you. And they are one. But there is hope. I thought after Ashton's surgery he would sleep great, he did ok for like a night then they both broke out in high fevers from teething and it just went down hill from there. The fevers are gone and I was so excited when Ashton woke up for the first time and it was morning. Not at 11pm or 1am or 3am but it was 5 :30am. YEA!!! Colton had already left for work and I brought him in to lay with me to see if I could just close my eyes for 5 more minutes and I ended up waking him up at 8am because I didn't want him to roll off the bed. Brinley slept the whole night and didn't make a peep until 8am. This is a big step for us. This was the first time that both babies slept the whole night! It has only taken a year. I just thought that this was something to blog about. :)

10 comments:

bailey grant said...

awwww! good for them and you lol you were probaly so HAPPY!!! :)



give em kisses!

bailey grant said...

awwww! good for them and you lol you were probaly so HAPPY!!! :)



give em kisses!

*Katie May* said...

YEah!! Exciting!

Stefany Pew said...

Woo hoo!!!!! That's great! I can't even imagine how refreshed you must feel this morning. So do you want to go run a marathon with me!!!? Ha ha! Okay, so maybe you're not THAT refreshed. I'm so happy for you though. Kylee is still getting up at least twice every night since I switched her to her big girl bed. She walks over to my side of the bed and just stands there. I'm a light sleeper so I get up and take her back to her bed. But now she's just been walking in our room and lays down in the corner by my side of the bed and falls asleep. It's so sad!!! One night I didn't hear her come in but I happen to wake up and go pee and I saw her laying the corner. It was sad! I'm wanting my sleep back too though and Kylee is 2 1/2!!! Little stinker!

Celeste - The Solar Cook said...

YEA! I'm so happy for you!

tiffany knox said...

awesome! congratulations! I absolutely hate teething stages! and to times that by two! Im glad you got some rest! atleast the hardest part of having three small ones is over. now that they're getting older it will slowly get easier(and if it doesnt, there is nothing wrong with thinking positive!) your kids are so cute.

The Ray Family said...

Man!! That deserves like a national holdiay or something :) What a huge deal! I'll bet you were feeling pretty good and rested the rest of the day!

Aleese and Scott said...

Wow I couldn't imagine having to wake up like I do now, for a year you are one amazing mom! Scotty and I were talking the other day when we looked at your blog and wondered if we will have twins, because it is possible with having to do IVF. You never know maybe I should mentally prepare now. haha

Carl and Amber said...

Yep...that is definitly something to cheer about!! Hopefully they keep it up!

Megan said...

YIPEE! that is most definitely something to scream at the top of your lungs about!