Thursday, June 26, 2008

Watching Airplanes

I guess you can't drive by the airport and not stop and watch the airplanes. It must be a Grant thing I don't know. But yesterday we were just driving by and Colton thought it would be the coolest thing ever to stop for the kids but I really think it was for him. :) So we parked and watched and watched and watched.

First we parked here and just let Mason watch for a few minutes.


And he saw this about 30 times.


Then we parked here and let all the kids get out.


And they saw this about 30 more times. They got to see the airplanes drive all the way to where they were going to take of and then actually got to see them take off and what was most important was that they could hear everything.



Watching....


Just look at Mason's eyes and you can tell an airplane was taking off. He didn't want to look away for even a second.


Brinley...what are we looking at again?


I know you can't see much because yes we stayed till dark but don't worry the planes had head lights and best of all grandma was at work and drove over to see us in her tug. I fought Mason so hard because he all he wanted was to go ride with grandma but there was a big fence in between us and her.

8 comments:

*Katie May* said...

That's great! What a fun memory it will be for the kids someday just like it is for Colton. Weren't you guys roasting?

Susan said...

That would be fun to do. We just get private planes around here, but it always stops Colten in his tracks when he hears one.

Kasey said...

What a fun little adventure for them to remember.

Kathy's Boys said...

I totally remember going to do that when I was a kid
because Randy always loved it. I have even taken my kids (when they were little!!) to do it a couple of times, but Brad wasn't interested a bit. I guess IT IS a Grant thing!!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Hey we use to do that all the time to. We use to even take our dates out there and have a picnic dinner. How fun! What a great idea for FHE!

Shannon said...

Hey Jamie,

I was on Denee's blog and decieded to take a look at yours. Your kids are growing so fast and are so cute. You look great!

Shannon

Stefany Pew said...

How fun! I bet Mason just loved that! I can't believe how big the babies are getting. They are so dang cute! They'll be in nursery before you know it and then you can actually go to all of church again! :)

Celeste - The Solar Cook said...

I tagged you! Go to my blog to see what you need to do...batchelorfam.blogspot.com.