Wednesday, March 25, 2009

No More Training Wheels!

This is kinda a funny story how this all started with Mason riding his bike with no training wheels. For some reason my kids just teach themselves everything. What good parents I know. If something is laying around the yard they pick it up and figure it out. Everyone always ask how and why and I can't even take credit for it.

Last week we had Colton's mom over to babysit while we went to a family BBQ and when we get home and his mom was telling us all about Mason riding this random bike in the back yard with no training wheels. Colton and I were so confused and didn't know what she was talking about. There was a bike that we had laying in the yard with no training wheels and Mason told his grandma that the boys down the street can ride with no training wheels but he can't do it very good. So grandma being a good sport helped him ride all night long. When we got home she just couldn't believe that the whole time she thought he had been practicing when actually we hadn't helped him do it at ALL! I guess he had been trying on his own and picked it up.

Since that day he just kept trying all by himself and kept saying he really wanted to do it. Colton finally said ok Mason lets go out in the street and try. No pads or helmet or even tennis shoes and he just takes off down the road all by himself. I was shocked! He is not even four yet. I took a few pictures and a viedo but I won't bore you with the viedo just the pictures.




4 comments:

Jaime said...

That is AWESOME! About a year ago, Kason asked us to take off his training wheels and we wouldn't. I know, great parents we are. Now he has upgraded to a bigger bike and is afraid of it-it actually is too big for him. So now we're stuck between a rock and a hardspot.

*Katie May* said...

wow that's great!! I need to get Gaige to start riding his bike. He doesn't have great coordination(like you kiddos) so it might take awhile :)

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Go Mason I'm totally impressed!

Janalie said...

Yeah!!! Those kind of thigns make me feel old!!! Miss you!