Monday, July 26, 2010

Meet Pecker!

Well you see we have this chicken! Mason has always always wanted a pet. The answer always always has been NO! But this time what can you do. He went on a little trip with Colton's mom for the 24th of July up north and was at the Snowflake rodeo and caught a chicken (I guess that's what they do at rodeo's for kids) and of course had to take it home. Innocently enough its name is "Pecker" because it pecks everything. Colton and my dad made a little place for Pecker to stay and today it laid and egg. A large egg. We now have a chicken named "Pecker" who lays eggs.





2 comments:

*Katie May* said...

that's cool for mason!

Janalie said...

okay the name thing made me laugh. I am glad to know those kind of things happen to other people too. We went to Colorado where Richard's dad is from and a few people call him Dick...right short for Richard. My kids came home and in their pretend play they change their name I about died when at the Dr. office Weston says, "Yeah and my name is Dick"